I was reading Psalm 13:5-6 that says, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."
I was reading a commentary about these verses at Enduring Word and read this:
- "Before God can enlighten our eyes, we must agree that we don’t see everything. We need to realize that our feelings are not giving us full and accurate information. But if we will do this, and cry out to the Lord, He will enlighten our eyes and bring us from a place of despair to a place of trust, joy, and confidence!"
A book that I just started reading is 66 Love Letters: A Conversation with God That Invites You into His Story By Larry Crabb. The author goes through each book of the bible and writes out his prayers to God as he read each book and what he felt like God was wanting him to know. He writes it from the perspective of God, so that it speaks straight to you. I've read the first chapter on Genesis and there were several things that I loved...again this is God speaking:
- "I have a plan that your failures cannot destroy. There is a capacity for beauty in your soul that I will restore."
- "I don't want you to be afraid of failure, or you will live for success. And I don't want you to be afraid that things in your life will go wrong-they will-or that you will feel empty-you will. If you fear problems or emptiness, you will live for comfort and fulfillment. And that will just complicate the mess you've already made."
- "I can transform anyone into the likeness of my Son. But the process is never easy or short."
- "Even people who serve me well struggle greatly. But never without purpose though the specific purpose will often remain obscure until you're dancing with Me at the eternal party-and you really won't care then. Every moment of suffering you endure is part of the good story I am telling. I don't want you to be surprised when after years of following Me closely, you still run into trouble."
- "I want you to realize that I never underestimated how thoroughly you'd mess up your life or how painfully who would struggle and suffer, and I don't want you to underestimate your failures or struggles either. They're all part of the story I'm telling. But neither have I underestimated My determination or ability to enter the mess you've made and the pain you feel and turn everything around. I can, and i will, make everything good again. Never, never underestimate Me. I have a plan, a very good one, and it will move ahead to completion. Guaranteed! Trust Me. Why? Because I love you even when you're messing up badly. I love you in the middle of your pain even though I don't relieve it as quickly as you wish. I am worthy of your trust, no matter what happens in your life. I have a good plan, and nothing will stop Me from carrying it to completion. You must live now in the tension between anguish and hope."