Thursday, July 3, 2014

I am Moving to Iowa!

It was 8 years ago that I packed the back of my truck and my friend Hilary and I took off on an adventure. We were leaving our families and friends in Iowa and headed to the great state of Texas.  The last 8 years have been some of the most challenging, yet most beautiful years of my life. Austin brought so much to my life...an amazing church, an amazing ministry, an amazing community of friends and families that I have gotten to live life with, and a love for tex-mex and breafast tacos.  Most of all I am thankful for Jesus and what He has done in my life over the last 8 years. He has truly changed my life in so many ways.

Over the last several months I have felt God nudge me a little, well actually...more like a big ole shove, and I started praying and surrendering my life in Austin to God, being willing to go where He wanted, do what He wanted. As I prayed, He kept laying Iowa on my heart but I started closing my arms to Him and pushing back. IOWA?!?! REALLY?!?!? I'm pretty sure I even praying something like this..."God send me to Africa, send me to Asia, the Middle East...NOT IOWA!!!"  But as He kept pursuing me in my pushing back I couldn't help but see how He was confirming ALL OVER THE PLACE that I was supposed to go back to Iowa.

So...I AM MOVING BACK TO IOWA!!! It is all so bittersweet. I am so so so excited to be close to my family. I'm excited to reconnect with old friends. I'm excited for something new. BUT when I really sit and think about all that I am leaving and everyone I will be leaving here in Austin, my insides hurt a lot and I just sit and cry for a little while. This has been my home for the last 8 years.

But this is what I know...I know that I am supposed to go back to Iowa. God has so kindly confirmed this and made it so clear through His word, through my community, through my heart change, through many many different circumstances and I know that His plans are GOOD. He has something for me in Iowa and I'm excited to see what that is! Jesus is worth it. He is worth leaving my comfort here in Austin. He is worth leaving my good good friends who I do life with on a daily basis. He is worth leaving the Austin Stone Community Church where I have had some of the most amazing experiences. He is worth leaving the multitude of stores and restaurants that have spoiled me so much. He is worth leaving an amazing job where I get to love on special needs kiddos and orphans. He is worth it all. Being obedient to His calling is worth it. HARD...but worth it. I have to trust Him and choose to believe it. Lord, MAKE MY HEART BELIEVE!

So I will move July 26th! My time in Austin is coming to a close very quickly. If you think of it, please pray for me.  Please pray that the details will all come together how they should and that God would continue to provide the finances I need to make this move. Pray for my heart as I am definitely grieving leaving my life here. God has been so good and so faithful in this whole process and it has made me love Him more deeply and trust Him more faithfully. For that, I am truly thankful and again...He is so worth it.

Iowa City, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment