Friday, July 1, 2011

David's the MAN.

I tried several times today to sit down and read more of James. Every time, I sat there reading the same paragraph over and over. It was frustrating because I wanted to get something out of it. I wanted to get some sort of life changing message from it. But my mind wasn't working right. I finally just put it aside and gave up for the day.
Tonight at my community group we were discussing our upcoming missions trip (we leave on SUNDAY!) and we were sharing different things we were struggling with and wanting prayer for. We had a list of different things and scripture for each topic. There staring at me on the paper was "depression". This is where I have been the last couple of months. Here is the scripture that God showed me tonight...

Psalm 51:10-17 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you.  Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness.  O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.  For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."

Love this so much. I'm gonna camp out on these verses for awhile and try and dig into this some more. David really knows how to repent. He's been through a lot and has been at the bottom, in the pit, covered by darkness, but hopeful. I like him. He gets it.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, thank you for posting this scripture. I too have been in this same rut and am so ready to thrive in the Lord's power. Thanks again. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete