Saturday, September 4, 2010

Worship Him, Moon

So we may not be athletes or in shape…so what.

Ani and I decided to go for a “run” tonight at 9:30 around our neighborhood. It’s 10:00 and we are back home. :) With a total of maybe 2 minutes of actual running.
Let’s skip past the parts where it’s dark outside, we have headphones blasting our music and the fact that it’s STILL 105 degrees outside and we kind of got lost…I promise…we ARE safe…
We decided to make our way back to the house so we turn back around headed back the way we came…except this time I look up and see a full moon shining at us. It was beautiful. Light.  The sky was clear and it was beautiful. God’s greatness.
I was listening to the new Passion CD, Awakening. The songs that came on at that point had me almost on my face.

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me

And my hands went up.
Your will be done Lord. For You alone. For YOU.

Then came this song:

With everything, with everything
We will shout for your glory
With everything, with everything
We will shout forth Your praise
Our hearts they cry be glorified
Be lifted high above all names
For You our king
With everything we will shout forth Your praise

Again…the hands went up.
Everything I have, all that I am, everything for YOU.
There was a point where there was a big gap in the trees and houses and you could just see sky and moon.
Oh my heart.
I love worship times like this.

Psalm 148:1-5
“Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens! Praise him from the skies
! Praise him, all his angels! Praise him, all the armies of heaven! Praise him, sun and moon! Praise him, all you twinkling stars!  Praise him, skies above! Praise him, vapors high above the clouds! Let every created thing give praise to the Lord, for he issued his command, and they came into being.”

No comments:

Post a Comment