Friday, March 25, 2011

Song on Repeat: Lord, I Need You

So I have a new theme song. Lord, I Need You from the album Passion: Here For You. 
I remember listening to this song back when they were live streaming the Passion conference. I fell in love with it...(along with Waiting Here For You, of course) I had forgotten about it when the album released not too long ago. I think I was just stuck on #3 (waiting here for you).
Until yesterday. I listened to this new theme song of mine and put the repeat on it.
God does this to me...let me just tell you what He does...
I go through seasons of funk. I've talked about it before on this blog (but not for a long time, and that is not saying it has been a long time since the funk, cause it comes often) I have been in it the last couple of weeks and so when I heard this song my heart softened a bit.
There are certain lines that resonate so well with my soul.
"Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart"
"Every hour I need You."
"So teach my song to rise to You
when temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay"
Oh my heart. I cannot help but fall on my face. I have listened to this song over and over again. In my room, in my car, in my backyard, in my dining room. I keep coming back to this: This song isn't changing my life. Jesus is. He is using this song, using these words to stir my heart to Him. That's what worship does, it's not just some songs to make you feel good. It is truly a response to what Jesus is doing. It is a way for us to connect with Him in a way that is like no other. He is good and He will continue to pursue my heart, and I will respond in worship.
Here is a video of this song with the words. I hope that you will listen to it and even sing along. worship. get after it. do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment