Monday, September 19, 2011

Love Shines

Such a great day today leading at The Austin Stone. I'm completely humbled that God has allowed me to be part of this church and that He has been so gracious to let me help lead worship.
Today felt different. I felt like my heart connected in a deeper way. I guess that is what happens when you start consistently getting into His word. You start to know more of who He is, and what He's done for you and you can't help but worship Him. He is so good.
We've been singing a song called "Love Shines" some of the guys wrote it and it has been such an anthem for our church.  This song came out of a prayer from the book "The Valley of Vision".
The prayer is called "Love Lustres (Shines) at Calvary" it's beautiful....here it is:
My Father,
Enlarge my heart, warm my affections,
open my lips,
supply words that proclaim 'Love shines at Calvary'.
There grace removes my burdens and heaps them on Your Son,
made a transgressor, a curse, and sin for me;
There Your infinite attributes were magnified,
and infinite atonement was made;
There infinite punishment was due,
and infinite punishment was endured.
Christ was all anguish that I might be brought in,
trodden down as an enemy
that I might be welcomed as a friend,
surrendered to hell's worst
that I might attain heaven's best,
stripped that I might be clothed,
wounded that I might be healed,
thirsty that I might drink,
tormented that I might be comforted,
made a shame that I might inherit glory,
entered darkness that I might have eternal light.
My Savior wept that all tears may be wiped
from my eyes,
groaned that I might have endless song,
endured all pain that I might have unfading health,
bore a thorny crown that I might have a glory-diadem,
bowed his head that I might uplift mine,
experienced reproach that I might receive
welcome,
closed his eyes in death that I might gaze
on unclouded brightness,
expired that I might for ever live.
O Father, who spared not Your only Son that You
might spare me,
All this transfer your love designed and
accomplished;
Help me to adore You by lips and life.
O that my every breath might be ecstatic praise,
Satan baffled, defeated, destroyed,
sin buried in the ocean of reconciling blood,
hell's gates closed, heaven's portal open.
Go forth, O conquering God, and show me 
the cross, mighty to subdue, comfort and save.
The song that came out of this:
Amazing Love that sent His Son
To suffer in my stead.
The sinless King who died for me,
When I deserved His death.
Yes, I deserved His death.

The Savior wept my every tear,
He groaned that I might sing.
My thorny crown upon His head,
My cross, His suffering
My cross, His suffering

Your love shines
Love shines at Calvary, Calvary
Your love shines
Love shines at Calvary, Cavary

Jesus, Glorious Risen One,
No grave could keep Him stayed.
And He who triumphed over death,
Now lives and leads my way.
He lives and leads my way.
He lives and leads my way

Your love shines
Love shines at Calvary, Calvary
And we proclaim, that Jesus reigns
In victory, victory

From the cross from the grave you rose victoriously
Son of God, King of love you reign victoriously

Love this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment